Verse

The heavens declare the glory of God, 
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands. Psalms 19:1

Friday, November 15, 2013

Finally.....

   I actually sat down to update our blog about four days ago.  After getting all the photos and captions just so, our internet took a nosedive. Frustrating! After three days of working with our provider I 'think' we have a fix. I said, 'think'. Five minutes ago it took a dive again and here I am, going to try this one more time!
   So far we are thoroughly enjoying our time here at Desert Garden's. We work three days and have six off. How we are so busy and always on the run I have no idea. But we are. We have met several wonderful couples but find ourselves spending a lot of time with one couple in particular. Meet Jeff and Stella Jenkins from Tulsa, Oklahoma. We have a ball when we are together! They are one third of the three couples that work in the office.
   We found a great little Mexican restaurant, LB Inn, located in Florence, AZ. If you knew how small Florence is, you would know that this was quite a find. Their outdoor patio is so nice on a warm, fall evening.
   Jeff never meets a stranger and Stella is a shaker and a mover. When we first pulled up here at Desert Gardens on the 14th of October Jeff walked out of the office to greet us. I told him we were there looking for a job! He said they might have something that would work for us and then we introduced ourselves and told them we were the last of the three couples working in the office to arrive. They are such a wonderful, friendly couple. We are heading out on Saturday to do a bit of exploring and Stella will get us on the road and out and about to see what we can see. No grass is going to grow under Stella's feet! Such a fun, fun gal!
   We are getting better acquainted with the office and the computer program. (Trust me, at first, I had my doubts)! Not only was it a new program to learn but I am definitely a Mac girl. We answer phones, take reservations and Mike parks anyone that comes in to stay.
 Mike out puttering around.

 If you work on a Saturday or Sunday, then you unlock and lock up the buildings at the beginning and at the end of the day. Mike making the rounds.
 During some down time...looking out the office door. This photo does not do this area justice. It's beautiful here!
Out front of the office. One of these days I will take my camera and get more photos of the surrounding area. It would be impossible to have a cleaner, better kept place. It really is wonderful!
   *****
   On one of our days off we drove south on Hwy 79 towards Tucson. We stopped and did a bit of shopping at Oro Valley shopping center and then as we were leaving we noticed across the road, Catalina State Park at the foot of the Santa Catalina Mountains. We went in for a short while and looked around. We will definitely be coming back early in the morning one day. It was beautiful, but really needs the early morning light to do it justice!
 I NEVER tire of the beautiful, stately Saguaro's. I can't imagine how old this particular one must be. They don't even start getting their first arm until they are about 50 years old.
 Not sure Webster enjoyed our time as much as we did. He was pretty parched when we got back to the truck.
 Roadrunner...this was only the second time I have seen one of these out in the wild.
Mike and our little guy. This tree was massive! Not sure what kind it is.
   *****
Despite all the places we may visit, I have to say I thoroughly enjoy just going out abut the RV park with my camera. I don't have to go far at all to capture God's creation and the beauty of the desert.
 Cholla cactus are everywhere. Pronounced choya. Around here the cholla wood is used in landscaping for decoration the same way we might use driftwood on the coast. I think it's beautiful!
 We can't walk past this cactus without coming away with spines stuck somewhere, yet these little birds can land on them and have no problem whatsoever.
 Anyone that knows me, knows I never tired of God's creation.
 Birdbath in the Meditation Garden...a little sparrow taking a drink.
 Lizards and grasshoppers are plentiful around here!

 Love this little guy (Cactus Wren) sitting on top of this saguaro.
As usual, I hope you enjoy this update. Please be sure to click on each photo for a larger view. This really is a gorgeous place that we have been 'planted' in for the next several months. We miss all our family and all our friends, but we are here by His design and plan on getting the most out of our time here. Take care until next time!!

2 comments:

Faybaby said...

Good afternoon,
Once again, I have thoroughly enjoyed your update. Glad it finally was a success.
The photo of you and Mike is gorgeous. Love it!
I am so glad you are enjoying your time and have met some wonderful friends.
Love the cacti and other photos.
Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! A meditation garden... I could live there. So glad you have met friends. They are lucky to know you and Mike!

Love you!
Paige