Verse

The heavens declare the glory of God, 
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands. Psalms 19:1

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2014

     For several days now I have known that I really need to get in and update our blog. With one thing after another and having had our fair share of the crud over the Christmas and New Years holiday's I just have not been able to sit down and do it. Now I am also trying to figure out how I am going to sort through the gazillion pictures that I took! I am going to give a brief overview of the past few weeks and toss in a handful of my favorite photo's.

   We started out the holiday's by meeting M and Luke in San Diego and spending a day at Disneyland for his 5th birthday.
   This little man was soooo excited about seeing us and couldn't wait to get there! 
    Even though the day we went to Disneyland was one of the busiest  days of the year we had a great time!

    We stayed for the parade and then Luke was ready to go home. We were all pretty pooped!

    We went to the Rainforest restaurant for Luke's birthday dinner...he loved it!
   The next day we met Dare and his boys at Legoland. I think I was more impressed than the boys. I LOVE this place! I always want to come home afterwards and start building Lego's. 
    At the beginning of the day everything was going great...the boys were having a ball and keeping us on our toes!


    Then by the end of the day Dj was feeling pretty rough. He had a fever and was pretty done-in.
 Boys will be boys!
 We did go out to dinner and Holly was able to join us before she had to head to work....our time together was not nearly long enough!

We headed home after a quick few days in So Cal and David and Sarah flew in from Colorado. Christmas Eve we all went to Mandy's church. Our little men got all dressed up!


 The next morning Mike read the Christmas story...Luke chapter 2. Tradition! Then we had a relaxing morning as the boys unwrapped gifts before heading to Chris and Laura's.
 Papa enjoying his two youngest grandson's. So precious.
 My Makayla Noelle....
 M and Lucas....
 Abbey T sharing kisses with Jax!
 Olivia Joy....
 The girls treated us to some songs!
 Yes, Grammie was in heaven...love to hear them sing. Plus I had a lap full of love!
 My Laura Lou...she made an awesome dinner!
 Driving around looking at lights...David and his sweet family.
   As the week wound down we quickly realized that the cold and flu season was hitting us in full force. Before David and Sarah headed home on Saturday she was sick, Luke was sick and Mandy was sick. When they got home her and David both were in bed with the flu.
   Mike was feeling pretty rough New Year's Eve when we went over to spend time with some special friends and it wasn't long till we realized he had caught the nasty bug. We headed to So Cal New Years day and I was starting to suspect that I was next. All in all we closed out the old and brought in the new in less than stellar fashion! Hopefully, this is it for the year 2014!!

   After spending time with family we are once again back in Florence.  It was so good to get back and see friends again. Our time here is about half over and soon we will be thinking about what we want to do and where we want to spend the summer.           
We are thinking California, Oregon, and possibly Washington. 
   
    I think I may have posted more than a 'handful' of photos, but if you knew how many I actually took you would know this is just a drop in the bucket! Be sure to click on the photos to see them full-sized! 
   Before closing I just want to wish each one who reads this a very blessed 2014!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing pics of your happy family. So sorry that you all spent most of the holiday sick.

Praying for a happy 2014 for you all!

Love you,
Paige