Verse

The heavens declare the glory of God, 
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands. Psalms 19:1

Thursday, February 27, 2014

4 Months Under Our Belt...

   It's hard to believe that we already have four months under our belts here at Desert Gardens RV, and in just about 6 weeks we will be with family once again! Our first experience with workamping has been amazing! What a wonderful place to spend the winter!
   The highlight for us during the month of February was the chance to take care of and spend time with our precious little grandson Jaxon for several days while his mom and dad took their long delayed and much anticipated honey-moon. They have been married 5 years as of February 14th so they booked a cruise to Mexico and dropped the little man off with us here in Arizona on their way. What a delight he was, and everyone that had a chance to meet him here at the park fell in love with him!
 He kept us on our toes and was so full of life!
 Such a happy, happy little mister....
 To say he loves his Papa is an understatement, and Papa loves his little Jax!
He got to meet Jeff and Stella, and with the golf cart it was love at first sight. We could have put him out on that thing in the morning and gone back in the afternoon and he would have still been there. He LOVED it!
 By the time it was bathtime or dinner time that little fellow was pooped! He was a great little sleeper and such a little love.


Yep, it was such a privilege to have Jax for more than a week. We are looking forward to the time this summer when we get to go out to Colorado and spend some more time with him and his mom and daddy!

During the time Jax was here we took a drive down to Tucson to the Arizona Desert Museum.  It did not take us long to realize that a two year old was not the least bit interested in a museum! What are we, newbie's??? We were there about four hours and I snapped a few photos and then we left with the definite intention of coming back again before we head home. It was really an awesome place!
 There are trails throughout the Desert Museum where wild life can be seen as well as every plant that is found in the desert.
 Flowers were just beginning to bloom....

 Cactus Wren
 Great Horned Owl
 ...and what a beauty he was!
 Loved the skunks...
 Grey Fox
 Ferruginous Hawk
 What a beautiful bird!

 

*****
As the month of February was winding down we took a short trip to the town of Yuma...I have always had a special place in my heart for Yuma because our son David was stationed there while in the Marine Corp. One of the most amazing places that I discovered while visiting him there was the West Wetland Park which is also home to the Ed Pastor Hummingbird Garden. I have such a love for these little creatures and absolutely love photographing them. Whenever we are in Yuma I spend as much time as I possibly can visiting the garden. This trip I was only there for a couple hours but managed to snap a few shots. Be sure to click on the photos for a larger view!



While I felt so fortunate to indulge in a bit of photography we really went down to Yuma to make a trip across the border to Los Algodones to see a dentist and get some work done our teeth. We no longer have dental insurance and Mike knew for sure that he needed a root canal and a crown since he recently had a crown break. Well we definitely got a bit of an education on how the system works down there. Bottom line, we did not go with the original dentist we made appointments with and have re-scheduled to return in two weeks. We did not like how disorganized the first place was and they really didn't seem to know what they were doing. After spending an entire day in the waiting room 'waiting', a two hour wait in line to get back through customs and across the border, and then returning the following morning to only find ourselves waiting some more, we decided to move on and go to someone that we have heard personal recommendations about. So we will be back and then I will be back here to report on how it went! By then March will be half over and we will be that much closer to heading home to Plumas Lake for a bit!

4 comments:

Faybaby said...

Well I fully enjoyed this blog. Jax was a gorgeous baby and now, a handsome toddler. You may have enjoyed the skunks, of which we have many, but I loved the hawk. I love reading about your adventure.
Love and miss you,
Faybaby

Mike, Deb & Webster said...

I KNEW you would love the hawk! Love and miss you too!

Jane said...

Hi Debby, Love your pictures and your writing! What an adventure you and Mike are on. My brother and sister-in-law, living in freeeeezing northern Minnesota, built a tear drop camper in their garage. January 2nd they headed south, and have been having the time of their lives meeting people and enjoying the warm weather in Arizona.
I am so happy for you guys.
Jane Grifasi

Mike, Deb & Webster said...

Hi Jane! So glad you came here and checked our blog out. Arizona does seem to be the answer for a lot of people who come from freezing climates. We love it here! I will have to keep my eye out for a tear drop trailer. They are awesome! Take care Jane and thanks for stopping by!