Verse

The heavens declare the glory of God, 
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands. Psalms 19:1

Monday, August 18, 2014

Finally....

....I'm back. As I looked at the date of my last entry I couldn't believe how long it has been! I hope you will all hang with me and I promise to do better. Having returned to our 'home town' it seems we just got busy and then with all the coming and going I kept putting this off. So. With that said, here we are!


 We came home from Arizona a couple weeks early because Luke was having surgery. As soon as he was up and about we whisked him away and headed to Colorado. We spent three weeks there visiting with David and Sarah and little Jax who had just turned two.

While we were there Mandy flew out to see her little mister and we all went camping.




We had a wonderful visit. As usual it was way too soon and we needed to be heading home.


-------------------------------------------------------- 
We stopped and spent the night in Elko, NV with my brother Don...probably one of the highlights for Luke was getting to drive Uncle Don's tractor. He was in hog heaven! Uncle Don scored some major points with this little man.


We got home in June and then began looking forward to our annual Fourth of July Celebration with Laura and her family. 
Yes, they are three of the most precious, beautiful girls ever. Inside and out. It's hard to believe the twins are in their last year of high school and Abbey is just going into high school.
Our annual 'swimming' photo! Me with my two beautiful girls.

Amanda...always ready for the camera!


Chris and Laura...Chris had his weight-loss surgery in February and is doing awesome. We are so proud of him and he looks great!


We capped off the day by going to the fair grounds and watching fireworks!
--------------------------------------
After the 4th we headed to Oceanside to spend some time with Darren and his family.  Our first stop though was Idyllwild, CA. What a wonderful place this was to camp.  Of course Luke was always right there, eager to help Papa with whatever task was at hand!





We relaxed for a few days and Mike taught Luke to fish. Luke was thrilled!


It was a beautiful place and we will definitely be returning at a future date.


I'm not sure Webster is ever going to adjust to this traveling from place to place. About the time he thinks we are settled again we throw him a curve!
---------------------------------------------
Once we arrived in Oceanside we got settled at Lake O'Neill on Camp Pendleton, and then proceeded to go non-stop for several days. It was a great time for Luke and his cousins Dj & Jared to spend time together. Mike and I were so blessed to have a lot of time with Holly. Darren worked during the week but she had just resigned her commission in June and was not yet working.





------------------------------------------
When we left Oceanside after our visit with Dare and his family we planned on 10 days in Yosemite.
We stayed at a park about 5 miles from the north west entrance. We spent the first couple days kind of low keyed waiting for Mandy to show up, spend the weekend, head home with Luke, and then Mike and I were going to have the week just exploring Yosemite on our own. Oh, the best laid plans......
We had a beautiful camp spot....
El Capitan....spectacular....


We had one day with Mandy at the park, and then......

....a wildfire closed the entrance. Ugh. Without driving 2 1/2 hours to the other entrance we were shut out. Mandy stayed until Monday and then headed home. Mike and I were not able to go back in for the rest of the week. We did a lot of sight seeing in the surrounding area and promised ourselves we would return.
Hetch Hetchy Reservoir


Our last night, I was able to capture this sunset. A lot of the area was burned from a wildfire a year ago. This was the sun through a burned out area.

Now we get to August....Luke is in school and Mike and I are on the road again.
Our first stop is Alturas to visit my brother. Then we will head over to Eureka, and then on up into Oregon. I promise my postings will not be so few and far between.
Again, please click on the photos to see them full sized, and thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Faybaby said...

Well I for one am happy you are back. Although I knew all about your busy summer events, it was fun reading about them. Being with family is truly a special time, especially as we get older, we value it more or at least I do. Loved all the pics, especially the squirrel and the amazing sunset. God truly has blessed us with so much beauty. Can't wait to read the next adventure...see you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back!!! I have missed your posts and beautiful photos. Great to see pics of your beautiful family. Love you!