When we arrived here at Sani-Dental last Tuesday morning we registered, and then waited a bit.
After about a thirty minute wait we were told we first needed to go down the street and get some panoramic x-rays. So the little gal that was mopping the floor set her mop aside, grabbed our papers and took us a couple blocks away to get our teeth x-rayed.
I snapped her pic while we were walking...Lol! I wanted to catalog the events of the day! After having our x-rays completed we headed back. The guy that ran the little outdoor restaurant next door grabbed our x-rays and took us back. Again, I had my iPhone ready for pics!
On a side note, while we were waiting to have our x-rays taken a guy sitting next to Mike struck up a conversation. I busied myself looking the other way. I didn't feel it was appropriate to take a pic this time but as he was raving about what an excellent place Sani-Dental is and what great dentist's they have I glanced and looked to see that half of his teeth were missing! NOT good advertisement. In their defense though...I am sure it was his lack of dental hygiene or possible gum disease that was the culprit.
So we went back and were told that 'in a few minutes' we would be called in, so we asked if we could run next door to grab a bite since we overheard someone talking about the great fish taco's! Well we had a pretty good lunch...and while we were, eating a street vendor and his daughter came in and tried (and succeeded) in selling us some bracelets they were making. We waited while they made them and then headed back to the dentist.
They were super nice people though they spoke almost no English. I wanted to pay the full $5.00 each but Mike said no, they want us to dicker. Really??? I mean they really would have complained if we paid full price??? So we wound up paying $4.00 for 2.
Once back inside we were told it would be a few minutes before we saw the dentist.
It's after three and here we wait.
We finally realized after four o'clock and we still had not been seen that this was going to be a no go. They told us that some day's the dentist will work until ten o'clock. I did go in and have the technician start the impressions in my mouth but after what felt like I was choking to death I sprang up out of the chair and started pulling the stuff out of my mouth. The technician spoke zero English. Zip nada. He laid me back, got the rest of the stuff out and started coating the inside of my mouth with some sort of numbing agent. Now I REALLY felt panicked and was sure I was choking. I swished and spit and he put alcohol on a piece of gauze for me to breathe! Him and I along with his male assistant were trying to communicate what the problem was and we did NOT communicate well. The assistant imitated snoring to try to let me know that when I was laid back my throat was closed like it is when you snore. (He could not think of the word. Thankfully I could so charade's didn't last long). Really?
So to make a long story short after much mis-communication I said, I am out of here and I left. Mike was also put on hold that afternoon and the following morning after getting there bright and early and he said let's go somewhere else.
We made new appointments with Dr. Eva Urena who we got a personal recommendation about, at a different office. In fact as I type this Mike just called me...he is in Los Algodones, had his root canal done today and was super impressed with the facility and the dentist. We both go again to Los Algodones next week to get our work completed. When we made our appointments we were once again filled with hope that we might possibly get this dental work done and at a reasonable price.
This is the new place that we will be going to and the place Mike went to today! He said it really is a first class operation!
While I took this pic I was sitting at a wonderful coffee bar right out front sipping a iced latte! This area is gated so the vendor's cannot come in and harass the public. Let me say too that the vendor's can be annoying because you cannot go anywhere without them trying to sell you something. When we were waiting in line for two hours on Tuesday to get back across the border and were bombarded by many many people trying to sell us 'stuff' I got a new look at what it must be like to walk in their shoes. There were women my age, young men my son's ages, young women with little tiny kids the same ages as my daughter's...grandmother's with little one's strapped on their backs, all trying to make a living. It was very, very humbling. They had no control over where they were born, we had no control over where we were born. Looking at them I understand more now why they try to come to this country no matter what the cost to have a better life. Sadly many of the people in line with us treated them with total disdain and talked to them like they were less than human. You know those men have pride! You know they don't like it that they have to make a living by begging! You know they look at us American's and wish they had our life! Sad. Very sad indeed. I hope and pray that it changed me for the better. Okay I'll get off my band wagon!! :O)
*********
After we got home we had plans to head up to Scottsdale to take in a S.F. Giant's spring training day. We went yesterday and it was a wonderful day! The weather could not have been better and I was in great company!!

The first thing Mike did was send me to the Dugout Store to buy a hat...otherwise I was looking at a serious sunburn by the time we left. Thank's babe!
Then we settled down to watch the Giant's receive a good butt whoopin' from the San Diego Padres! The Scottsdale Stadium is beautiful...located right downtown Scottsdale. I know where I want to sit next time we come:
Here! Just lounging on a blanket!
We did leave before the game was entirely over because it got so hot...who knew it was winter!
Then we headed to the RnR Restaurant for a quick dinner before heading back to Florence. Our meal was delicious!
Definitely a place we would go back to.
On the way home just to cap the day off I looked off to the west and this is what I saw:
Of course I had Mike pull over and I grabbed my camera out. It was a great way to end the day!
As always, be sure to click the pictures to see them full-sized. Until next time...Blessings to you and your family.













1 comment:
IMing you about the dentist was funny and it was funny once again. Love the pics of spring trainer.
Post a Comment