Verse

The heavens declare the glory of God, 
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands. Psalms 19:1

Sunday, May 5, 2013

From Elko, NV to Provo, UT

After spending almost a week with my brother Don and his family in Elko, Nevada we are spending the night at the Utah River State Park in Provo, Utah. Beautiful weather!
We had an awesome week with Don...we worked on re-doing a cabinet door in our 5er so we could mount a flat screen television.
There was lots of visiting as we sat around the dining room table every night for a week eating, talking, laughing and just catching up. It was a trip that was long overdue. We WILL be back to park in Don and Ruth's backyard before fall gets here. The snow was melting on the Ruby Mountains and it was beginning to warm up a bit.
Friday before we left I was up and out before six o'clock to catch a few pictures around the area where he lives. 



Lamoille Canyon...

The sun was just coming up in the canyon...

Red Winged Blackbird

Wilson's Snipe

Early morning light at the foot of the Ruby Mountains
Western Meadowlark
Ruby Mountains....the view my brother see's
every morning when he walks out his front door.

Little Church at the Crossroads in Lamoille
Finished in 1905


7 comments:

Faybaby said...

OMGosh, the photos bring back many memories of our time in Elko. We loved the Ruby mountains. There was the most amazing restaurant, at the end of a dirt road, straight out of the Waltons. Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos. Looking forward to your next blog. Love and miss you.

Mike, Deb & Webster said...

Love and miss you too! It was great getting out just to take some pics of the beautiful surrounding area. I don't do it often enough but hope to change that. So, so relaxing!

Pam said...

So beautiful Debbie! What could be better, visiting family and enjoying God's glory! Safe travels, love your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss the mountains! The red-winged blackbird... always reminds me of your Dad. Love your photos and getting so excited to see you both!

Mike, Deb & Webster said...

Sonja...the Ruby Mountains are spectacular! I never get tired of going up there!

Pam...we did enjoy our visit...we don't get to Elko nearly often enough.

Paige! That does remind me if daddy too! Can't wait to get to Tennessee!

Anonymous said...

WTG...I enjoyed my first visit to D&R's...those are beauuuutiful mountains, you guys are inspiring...we did an over nighter to K-Falls...very relaxing..God Bless

Mike, Deb & Webster said...

Thanks Edd! Every time I am out walking or shooting photos I think of you. We would have an awesome time together!